Tuesday, November 15, 2011

We're On Our Way!

So I've been very busy lately and with that lovely first trimester exhaustion setting in most nights, I haven't kept up with my postings here. That's sad because I have good news! I went to my endo last Friday and we not only saw a growing baby right where it was supposed to be, but also a heartbeat. One of the most beautiful little flickers you will ever see on screen and the sound...like underwater music. I was amazed at how much little Blueberry had grown in just 10 days. So this ultrasound measured the baby and said I was 7 weeks 3 days on that day, which puts my official due date at June 29th. Naturally the busy mom in me thinks this is a wonderful idea--no worrying about ferrying the boys to and from school while a birth is going on. Woot! The next day we told the kiddos...to mixed reviews. They were confused (What? You don't LOOK pregnant??) to happy (Awwww BABY!) to mildly freaked out (Wow we already have four kids...now we'll have FIVE?). This cracks me up as that's kind of how my thought process went when we first found out too. Once I start showing, it'll settle in on them more, I think. Right now they're too busy hating our names. But kids have no taste. We told them we're liking Jude or Luke this time around and they instantly declared that they didn't like either. Then Sean suggests Duke! Duke?? Then someone says "Awww Dukie!" I angrily respond that Dukie is just another word for poop! Hysterical laughter ensues. Uggg... anyhoo. Our kids wouldn't be happy unless I named him\her Link or Zelda so I guess they're doomed to be miserable.

Moving on to the health department....yeah it's kind of sucked here lately. The weekend felt kind of celebratory after the good news so I let things slide here and there. Then yesterday was my Erik's 4th birthday and he wanted pizza and chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Ohhh a boy after my own pregnant heart. Anyhoo eating like that always makes me uber happy...and then makes me feel like shiz warmed over for the rest of the evening. You'd think I'd learn! *sigh* But I must fight those food-loving Italian genes and strive to do better this day! (Why did I hear that last part of the sentence in a Katherine Hepburn sort of voice? Wow...) Well I'd better scoot. I'll try to post a recipe later on or make good on my promise of healthy lifesaver shout-outs. Ta-ta for now, darlings....

How do you like your chicken fried? (Horrible inside Katherine Hepburn joke...)

No comments:

Post a Comment