Monday, November 7, 2011

Recipe Post #2

This lasagna rocked my socks. I kid you not, it is the bomb. My entire family loved it so much that I felt obligated to post it and spread the good Italian cheese-laden word. The servings were really large, it oozed with cheese and at only 320 calories a serving... yeah I could put a really horrible Italian cliche here, but I'll refrain. Just suffice to say, this beats the pants off of any healthy frozen lasagna I've tried. If you don't want to use jarred marinara, you could always use your own. The only time my Momma used to make lasagna is when she had leftover suga ready to go. This is the route that I would ordinarily go, but I was tired tonight. I cracked open a jar of Prego Healthy Smart and even that couldn't bring this lasagna down.

So without further adieu....


Better-Than-Ever Cheesy Meat Lasagna
Makes 9 servings
(this little gem is from kraftfoods.com)


3/4 lb. extra-lean ground beef

3 cloves  garlic, minced
1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1 jar  (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 large tomato, chopped
  egg
1 container (16 oz.) 2% Milkfat Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1/4 cup  Grated Parmesan Cheese
lasagna noodles, cooked
1 pkg.  (7 oz.) 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, dividedHeat oven to 375°F.Brown meat with garlic and oregano in largesaucepan. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 5 min., stirringoccasionally. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes. Mixegg, cottage cheese and Parmesan until well blended.Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inchbaking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with layersof 3 noodles, half the cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 cupmozzarella and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers. Top withremaining noodles and sauce; cover.Bake 30 min. or until heated through. Top withremaining mozzarella; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or untilmelted. Let stand 5 min. before serving.



























In other news, things have been going well. Tomorrow I plan to post a few shout-outs to some healthy-living lifesavers that I really love. But for now, this pregger is tired and my bed is singing it's siren's song to me.

Yes, my love... I am coming.... *snore*

No comments:

Post a Comment