Saturday, January 26, 2013

Lazy Saturday

So far this is a lazy Saturday. Well, Baby Jedi woke up before anyone else wanting to eat and play so there was that... And then breakfast, oh lord. Every morning I ask, "So what does everyone want for breakfast today?" and 99.999% of the time I hear the response "I dunno...what do we have?" (stop, sigh, count to ten) "The same things we always have, really, I shouldn't have to say this every morning, guys.." I start tossing some turkey bacon in the microwave because that's a staple regardless of what they decide on. I then find Bren in the pantry squirting yellow decorator gel all over the ends of the bag of potatoes. I haul Bren out of the kitchen, throw the gel away (can't find the cap now and it's probably expired anyhoo... How and where did he find that now that I think about it..) grab the potato bag and go for a pair of scissors to cut off the decorated part. No scissors in the drawer. Count to ten once more. Pull the first batch of bacon out of the microwave plop it on the plates. Hunt down scissors and remedy the glittery yellow potato bag situation...gingerly carry the gooey bits to the trash can. No trash bag in the can. Of course! Maybe count to twenty this time. Put  bits on the counter, toss in the second batch of bacon. Meanwhile, the toast has popped up and is now cold. Pop that back down for a few seconds so it'll warm enough for the butter to melt. Get out a trash bag to put in the can. Find the baby crawling into the kitchen now and getting dangerously underfoot. NOT get frustrated at baby because he gives me this:
This face could melt all hearts and bring about world peace...
Kiss baby's adorable epic cheeks while moving his chubby butt to the living room. Fuss at older boys who are starting a fight in aforementioned living room. Oh sh*t, the toast! Run and pop the toast out of the toaster and get it buttered putting the darker side plate-down. *sshhhh* Finally get the gel-covered potato bag in the trash can. Find Bren trying to dump a cup of water in the sink and get it all over the cabinet in the process... and so on and so forth, etc...

Well I haven't washed a dish or touched the washer, so that's lazy. Actually, I really, really need to sweep and mop the floor downstairs...it's bordering on horrific. And I'll probably have to do the dishes so that I can fill half of the sink with water for mopping...

Okay damn it, I'm still in my PJs. That's lazy, right?

More coffee, coming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment